Of course I am going mad, so I thought Why NOT! At least I will have recommendations this time, from a genuinly awesome blogger 🙂
So, here we go!
Click here for the main page.
There are two ways to join this challenge:
1. Pick one book from each of the 6 years that Dewey has archives of. You can access her archives by clicking on the archive link in the sidebar of her website. It’s a dropdown menu. For instance, you would read one book that she reviewed in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 for a total of six books.
2. The other option is to read 5 books that Dewey reviewed. These can be from any year and I’m guessing that each of us has at least 5 books on our TBR list because of Dewey!
And the rules:
1. Choose either option 1 or 2 from above.
2. Commit to read your books (either 5 or 6 depending on which option you choose) throughout 2009. The challenge will end on December 31, 2009 but we’ll go ahead and unofficially start it right away! We’ll officially start it on January 1st, 2009.
3. Check back to the challenge blog that we’ve created, Dewey’s Books, often as I’ll put up Mr. Linky’s for reviews and I’ll mention prize giveaways!
Option 2 is the one I think I will do! I will read 5 from the list below!
I have gone through her archives till Aug, 2006 – and here is my list so far [ i will add upto this books as and when I go back to her blog ok?]
- Into the Forest by Jean Hegland
- The Corrections by Jonathan Franzen
- The Virgin Blue by Tracy Chevalier
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
- Property by Valerie Martin
- Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant
- Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks
- Saturday by Ian McEwan
- The World According to Garp BY John Irving
- Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Catalyst by Laurie Halse Anderson
- Kindred by Octavia Butler
- The Little Women by Katharine Weber
- A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
- An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
- Looking for Alaska by John Green
- East of Eden by John Steinbeck
The above list of books are my fav recommendations from Dewey, and so they will remain for me to choose my next books!
But I have decided on the 5 books I am going to read! [ this list might change :)]
Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie
Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
Atonement by Ian Ewan
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
Purple Hibiscus by Chimimanda Ngozi Adichie