I buy a lot of boneless chicken sometimes because it cooks fast and sometimes you can make really delicious and easy curries in less than 30 mins. Yesterday after work, Hubby wanted something with chicken and as it was almost dinnertime I cooked this curry which was done in 15 mins. I got inspiration from a Chicken Handi recipe ( which I forgot to bookmark) and as I had no time to do THAT, I did this.
Boneless Chicken – 150 gms cut in to bite size pieces
Cabbage – I had a small Cabbage cut into thin stripes and I used that up as well
Green Chillies – 2 ( I can’t seem to make anything without putting some chillies
1 Tbsp cream + 1 cup of water
1 tsp maida ( all-purpose flour)
Freshly ground pepper powder – 2 tsps ( as per you requirement increase or decrease.
Onion – 1 thinly sliced
Oil – as little as possible 🙂
- heat oil in the pan
- add onions and saute for a minute (if you have garlic in hand add 2/3 thinly sliced cloves to this as well)
- add the cabbage and green chillies. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add the washed chicken in to this and pepper powder ( I put 2 tsps). Saute for 5 mins on high flame.
- Now lower the flame to medium.
- To the water and cream mixture add the flour and mix nicely and see that there are no lumps.
- Add this to the pan. Close the lid and cook till chicken is done.
- If you want more gravy add a bit more water and bring it to boil otherwise eat just like that.
This is so yummy and very creamy too 🙂 If you do not have cream in hand, you can use milk to which you add that 1 tsp of flour. Will do the same thing ( but will be less creamier but more healthy..)
I really wanted to put up a picture, but alas! we were too hungry and too impatient for that. Next time I will surely take pictures 🙂